Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mmm, one of my old favorites...

....from that genre of music that George Will thinks is music for a juvenilized nation, at Willie's Place, Sirius Ch. 64: "I walk for miiiiles, along the highway, well that's just my way...oooof sayin' I love you, I'm always walkin', after midnight, searchin' for yooooouuuuu...."
I've observed before that I was not really that big of a fan of Patsy Cline's countrypolitan style of music, but there are some songs of hers that I do like, and this steel guitar-driven number ranks at the top of the list. She did have one hell of a voice and she used it to great effect always.

Oooh, yes! 10:08 a.m.: "Let's, fall to pieeeceeeees, together...why should, we both faaaalll apaaarrt..." Of all the songs George Strait has recorded, that 1984 No. 1 hit has always been my favorite from him.

11:37 a.m. "Aaaalways laaate, with your kisseeees....won't you come to my arms sweet darlin' and stayyyyy..." I liked Dwight Yoakam's cover of this song, but you just can't beat Lefty. I'm sure Mr. Yoakam would agree. Lefty Frizzell was another of those who was taken from us far too soon. Bill Mack just said, "You know what the trouble is? We just don't have any more Lefty Frizzells." Sadly all too true.