Sunday, April 05, 2009

Hey, more Bad Company!

...or, some tunage so good it's worthy of featuring here again...
I've blogged about this song before, but it's worthy of being mentioned again. On the way back from Lake Charles this morning, it came on the radio as my girlfriend stopped by her cousin's house. And you know I cranked it up and belted it out, too. Of all the songs in all the genres I've ever heard in my 31-plus years in this world, this is one of those that would probably make the top five, and of course my favorite Bad Company song.

I don't know what exactly it was that made me think the fact that Bad Company was more successful than Free necessarily meant that Free came later; perhaps I was thinking Free was the result of frontman Paul Rodgers leaving BadCo and not meeting with much success as a result of some sort of public backlash against that, as "All Right Now" was the only song by Free that I've ever heard. (Hey, I never said I was a music maven, I just try to sound like one!) "All Right Now" was actually a pretty good song, even if it is wildly overplayed...but I honestly could listen to "Shooting Star" ten times a day and never tire of it.
Incidentally, off the top of my head I told my girl that it was a hit around 1975. Turns out I was dead on the money. I do know a LITTLE bit about the classic rock, even if the classic country is nearer and dearer to my heart. ;-)