Saturday, April 04, 2009

Awww, HELL YEAH!

Now playing at Cleveland's classic rock station, 98.5 WNCX (via Apple's iTunes application): "I was born, six-gun in my hand...behind a gun, I make my final stand...that's why they call me....baaaaaad company, I can't deny..."
I suppose some might think it a bit cheesy for a band to do a song that has as its title the band's name, especially in this case, but this was still a great record. Everything BadCo did was great, actually. I don't know how many supergroups eventually made a catalog as good as or better than anything the individual members did before they joined up, but from what I've heard I've always thought Bad Company was definitely among them.

4:50 p.m.: "I don't need a-whole lots of money, I don't need a big fine car....I got everything that a man could want, I got more than I could ask for....I don't have to run around, I don't have to stay out all night, 'cause I got me a sweet, a sweet, lovin' woman, and she knows just how to treat me right....Well my baby, she's alright, well my baby, she's clean out-of-sight, don't you know that she is, she's some kind of wonderful...." You can bet your ass she is, too. ;-)

Oooh yeah, 8:51 p.m., the original CCR: "737 comin' outta the sky, ah-won't you take me down to Memphis on a midnight ride, I'm on the move, playin' in a travelin' band..."