Saturday, July 18, 2009

Something else I had almost forgotten...

...brought to you by the tune on Hair Nation, Sirius Ch. 23: "Music means a lot to me, like love I make it when I can....all I am is all I'll ever be, and that's just a boy from Texarkana..."
I remember hearing that Tesla tune on the radio way back when riding in the truck with my uncle and right before Jeff Keith belted out that line my uncle pointed at the radio and told me to listen. I think that was the first time I ever heard the town I grew up in mentioned in a song. My uncle told me that Keith went to Arkansas High School, which I later found out wasn't right -- he spent most of his childhood in Idabel, Oklahoma, about an hour northwest of T-town, and he's an Idabel HS grad. But he was born in Texarkana, which I thought was really cool.