Sunday, July 05, 2009

A shopping tip...

Looking for a cd? Maybe a popular one with explicit lyrics? Stay out of the music stores and go to Best Buy instead. I went to the one in Beaumont today in search of Queensryche's Empire cd, the one I spoke of in the last post, and scored it for $14.99. While I was there I thought I'd see if I could find G'n'R's Appetite for Destruction, and I did...for $9.99. Buying those two discs there I'd guess I saved about $12 over going to the FYE in the mall -- the one that DIDN'T have the Queensryche disc, to boot. Best Buy has always had an excellent music selection, though, especially considering they're one of the chains that mainly stocks cds as loss leaders. I've found several cds there that I couldn't find anywhere else, cds that the music stores should have had multiple copies of — Jamey Johnson's That Lonesome Song, the Randy Rogers Band's Rollercoaster and Cross Canadian Ragweed's Garage, to name just three of the titles I could only find at Best Buy. I don't know if all of the BB stores are that good, but it would really surprise me if they weren't.