Saturday, July 18, 2009

More random thoughts...

I was walking to the door of my residence this evening, with my phone clipped to one side of my blue jeans and my iPod clipped to the other (secured in a pouch like my phone -- let's just say you'll never catch me putting it in my pocket again if I can help it). What I'm about to talk about, I'd thought of this before, but I don't think I've ever thought about it from the perspective of it ever happening to me personally. So many of the anti-self-defense people will tell you to give the knife- or gun-wielding mugger what they want. In my case it might well have been what was hanging off my pockets. Which, when I thought about it, just really pissed me off. 'Cause I worked my ass off to get those. Yeah, it's just stuff, but the idea that I should just roll over and give it to somebody who threatens me with bodily injury because they're too damn lazy to go get their own, that fills me with a burning anger that words just can't describe. Who the hell do those people think they are who tell us not to defend ourselves? And why haven't they all been shunned as the dangers to civilization that they are? I just don't get it...