Thursday, July 09, 2009

I guess I was just lucky that way

...if you wanna call it that...

...people flipped the hell out. I mean seriously. The second the word was let out that Michael Jackson died, his records started flying off the shelves again. Folks were sobbing in the streets. Every frickin’ radio station started playing his songs non-stop. MTV started playing actual videos again.

...because when Michael Jackson took his last breaths, I missed the nonstop radio airplay and the people crying in the streets. Oh, I saw the headlines and such via the Internet and print media, but beyond that I just thought, "What a shame." Which it was, of course, but there was a bit of overkill on the coverage of it all, it seemed. Another good thing about Sirius, indeed. Would that they'd had it during the O.J. Simpson trial...