Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just a question...

...raised by reading this story...
When that tiny town of Anguilla, Mississippi spends all that federal money to hire those cops, and they don't have any more to spend on those cops' salaries...what then? What I'm about to remember here has an admittedly biased source, but everyone remembers back in the 1990s when Bill Clinton was pushing his crime bill he was saying it would put 100,000 more cops on the streets? Well, I remember Rush Limbaugh saying that those 100,000 cops would only be on the streets for one year. I don't know where he got that, but it did make sense to me considering the money was going to run out sooner or later. And I seem to recall that number amounted to significantly less staffing increases when the money appropriated by the bill was finally doled out. Why is no one talking about any of that?