Monday, April 19, 2010

Similar insults, eh?

Oh yes, quite similar indeed:

Ralph Peters called President Barack Obama's mother a “screwball” and Michael Medved called Obama a “liar” and “narcissist.” Mike Gallagher says he's an “idiot.”

To be fair, Keith Olbermann and Bill Maher have used similar epithets towards Sarah Palin, John Boehner and Michelle Bachman.
Yep, everyone knows "liar" and "narcissist" are similar to "inbred snowbilly" and "Whore of Wasilla." I should note that both of the above slurs were leveled by bloggers as opposed to talk show hosts, whose audiences aren't so big, but I'd bet money you will find much more of that sort of thing on the left side of the political spectrum than on the right. As for Rush Limbaugh tapping his console, I'd say that anyone citing that "clear evidence (of) anger" is pretty clearly grasping at straws. But then I am just a bitter, gun-clinging Texan. So what do I know, right?