Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oooh, my favorite Queensryche song....

...at Hair Nation, Sirius Ch. 23: "...Now the applause has died, and I can dream again....is there anybody listening? Is there anyone who sees what's going on?..."

I've blogged about this song before, but it deserves another mention. Most of the times I listen to that album (1990's Empire) these days, it's on my iPod through the Apple earbuds...but before one of my recent trips west, I bought a little audio input/output cord so I could listen to the iPod on my truck's stereo. I figured I'd see how that song sounded through some real speakers, and holy shit, Batman! gave me goosebumps, it did. It was like hearing the song for the first time again, with the highs and the lows, and the bass coming through loud and clear. It was magnificent. I need better headphones...