Monday, February 16, 2009

Well now, how about that....

Listening a few minutes ago to Willie's Place, Sirius Ch. 64, I heard a familiar name mentioned. So I summoned my Google-fu again, and found this...

Legendary DJ Bill Mack, also known as “The Satellite Cowboy,” is joining Willie’s Place starting Monday, February 16 at noon ET. Bill will broadcast live from his “Satellite Ranch” studio in Ft. Worth, Texas every weekday, playing three hours of his favorite traditional country music.

Interesting. I knew Bill Mack was on the legendary 50,000-watt Texas powerhouse 820 WBAP for a long time, but I never got a chance to listen to him as far as I remember. I did listen to one of his contemporaries for a good while, Larry Scott on Shreveport's KWKH, which is where my love for the old country was born and nurtured. I'd heard it all my life but never really got into it till I listened to Larry Scott's Interstate Road Show. It'd be really cool to see Larry Scott make it to Sirius and bring his Interstate Road Show with him.