Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ooooh, I lurves me some G'n'R!

...at the Boneyard, Sirius Ch. 19: "Take me down to the Paradise City, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty...oh won't you please take me hooome, yeah yeah..."
One of the best hard-rock songs of all-time, from one of the best hard-rock albums of all-time, from one of the best hard-rock bands of all-time. I know they've had issues just like a lot of bands do, and I'll freely admit I wasn't that big of a fan of what came after 1991's Use Your Illusion II, but there's little denying that between 1986 and 1991 this Los Angeles, California band was on white-hot fire, musically speaking. Pretty much everything they did during that time period was golden, and still sounds as good today as it did when it was fresh on the radio.