Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Authoritarian swine confirmed as U.S. Attorney General, isn't that nice...

Story here:

Holder’s chief supporter, Sen. Patrick Leahy, said the confirmation was a fulfillment of civil rights leader Martin Luther King’s dream that everyone would be judged by the content of their character.
“Come on the right side of history,” said Leahy, D-Vt., chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

It would seem that, as Iowahawk put it, neither color of skin nor content of character matters anymore. I fail to see how a piece of authoritarian Constitution- and freedom-hating crap like Eric Holder is "on the right side of history." From what I can tell it is completely and solely because of the hue of his skin. That's a right-disgusting perversion of the MLK ideal there, Mr. Leahy. Onward down the road to hell!
I see my blog-friend Gator would like to know the reasoning behind his senators' "yes" votes. I don't know about Kyl, but John Fucking McCain? I can't help but think McCain and Holder are pretty much two peas in a pod, and then there's McCain's, how to put it, near-insatiable need to fellate the media and Democrats with supposed "maverick-y" moves in which he betrays his party, constituents and the Constitution. And that's more or less the beginning and the end of that. I was quite glad to see Texas' two senators voted no. Some thanks are in order...