Monday, June 01, 2009

Fun in the sun...

...yep, I had it yesterday. Went down to my folks' house thinking we were gonna cook out. I got down there and my stepdad said, "Hey Pistolero, you wanna go out on the boat with us?" I was thinking I might not have enough time, but then I knocked out some of the work I had to do that morning. So I did get to go out on the boat with 'em. We went out on the Neches River and headed upstream from Port Neches, and we docked on one of the islands there. Spent a good 4 hours or so out there yesterday afternoon, drinking beer and eating sausage and corn off the grill. So we did cook out...just not in the back yard. I rode the inner tube behind the boat...for the first time in what has to be more than 10 years. And I had an absolute blast. It was worth having to go back to work yesterday evening in a bit of a daze, with the sunburn....and I am not aching this morning like I thought I might be. I may be getting old, but not THAT old. Yet. ;-)