Tuesday, February 26, 2008

You Want Opinions? I Got Opinions!

From Boise, Idaho, "opinions of Ruger P90."
It's an awesome gun, perhaps the most underrated non-1911 .45-caliber sidearm on the market. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Ruger P-Series pistols are probably the best value out there if you're looking for a rugged & reliable personal defensive arm. They're bulky and top-heavy due to the steel slide and aluminum frame (or polymer for the P95, P97 or P345), but as far as I am concerned those are small concerns when looking at that platform's virtues. My P89 will even feed empty cases, and I have no doubt the P90 would do the same thing if I ever slipped them in the magazine. After all, they're pretty much the same gun; from what I've read about the P90 it has a different trigger mechanism and the slide's a little taller & thicker to accommodate the .45 cartridge. I want one in the cartridge it was originally designed for, 10mm. It wouldn't surprise me the least little bit to find that gun could handle all day long the nuclear loads that by now are legendary among the cartridge's devotees. C'mon, guys, Colt re-introduced the Delta Elite, another company is rolling out another one of these, that has to be a sign of some sort...