Monday, February 11, 2008

Another Great Old Song...

but no, it's not a country song on the radio now...made you look!
No doubt most of you are quite familiar with all my rants on how modern country music has gone to the dogs with its basic consolidation with bubblegum pop. Well, because of the sorry state of modern country, many times in the truck I go back to the rock stations. Saturday night was one such night, and I had it on this station out of Lake Charles, Louisiana. And lo and behold, what should I hear, but my favorite George Thorogood song.



Sometimes it seems like the only Thorogood songs they play on the radio anymore are "Bad To The Bone" and Move It On Over," with "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" now and then. Now and then they'll pull this one out, and it's great when they do.
"....Yeah, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself..."