Sunday, June 20, 2010

What luck!

My lovely wife and I took a ride today, as it's been way too long since we did that. The plan was to ride around for a bit and stop for lunch We went across I-10 to Boerne, and then back across Highway 46 to New Braunfels. By the time we got to New Braunfels we were getting pretty hungry. Earlier in the day Sabra said she wanted some fried chicken livers. As we rode into New Braunfels we were talking about this place we ate at in Columbus called Schobel's and how we knew they would have them, but of course that did not do us much good since Columbus was about 120 miles away.

So we headed south on I-35, and I decided to turn around to see if I could find this barbecue place that was advertised on Highway 46 coming into town. Heading back north on I-35, not two minutes later what did I see a billboard for? Schobel's in New Braunfels! I had no clue they had one there. We had the all-you-can-eat buffet, with sausage, ham, chicken, pot roast and assorted veggies. It was very, very good. If you're ever in the area (Columbus OR NB) I highly recommend it. You can see the menu here.