Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's a long way to November...

...for the Democrats, too, though you'd never know it reading this story. I love how they try to make things look so rosy for the Democrats that way. Garnet Coleman might well be right that the majority of Texas Democrats are happy with the president, but considering Obama didn't even carry the state that really doesn't mean anything in the big scheme of things. And I fail to see how the Democrats are going to be making things look any better -- at least on the national level -- to make their platform more palatable on the state level. To the extent the Democrats win in Texas in the fall, I'd bet it's going to come via people voting against the Republicans, not for the Democrats. And it wouldn't at all surprise me, though I don't know that the Texas GOP would really get the message voters would be sending...