Friday, June 04, 2010

Observations from the road

Most folks in Texas ARE a cut above in every way, but they still can't drive for shit in the rain. I drove through a couple of downpours west of Houston yesterday, going 65 mph and I STILL had people riding my ass. What the hell? Do those people not recognize their self-destructive behaviors? Or do they just not care?

As much as my music tastes have broadened, death metal and its associated subgenres STILL isn't my thing. I heard Children of Bodom covering Iron Maiden's "Aces High" rolling down the interstate between Sealy and Columbus. The instrumental part of it was still pretty good, but when those guttural shrieks came in...well, let's just say I was not impressed, especially since I had heard the original a few minutes earlier.

What was I doing on the road, you ask? Well, more details later...but it all boils down to this: I am in San Antonio for good now. :-)