Monday, June 07, 2010

Lucky me...

We had to take my middle stepdaughter to the doctor today, for a spider bite. Sabra told her best friend about us being called back to the exam room over an hour BEFORE the actual appointment (though I should note we spent another 45 minutes in said room for what amounted to about a two-minute exam):

"At least it got us away from Oprah."

Which, indeed, it did...but lucky me, I was in my own little world with Iron Maiden courtesy of my iPod, so I really had nothing from which to be rescued as far as that went. ;-)

(Speaking of which, Albatross, you were right about Powerslave. I also liked "Flash of the Blade" and "The Duellists," and "Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)" is one of the finest instrumentals I've ever had the privilege of hearing. I can see this album will be played quite frequently...)