Monday, February 08, 2010

Oooh, burn!

...or, Scott Borchetta really said that?

I understand defending your artist obviously because I have done the same in the past for artists I like, including Taylor, so you might see why its upsetting to read you attacking American Idol for producing simply vocalists that hit ‘the high notes’. Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well.

The above-quoted blog post, of course, was from one Kelly Clarkson, who won the first American Idol. I will freely admit I am a fan. Indeed she does hit the right notes, pretty much all the time. I don't understand where Borchetta gets this "only-hitting-the-high-note" jazz, really. I will straight-up tell you that I can't stand Carrie Underwood, but that has everything to do with her material and the delivery thereof and nothing to do with her singing ability. It's amazing what lengths Nashville executives will go to in an attempt to try to justify mediocrity...

(h/t Joey Guerra)