Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Yes, it really does taste better...

Coca-Cola bottled in Mexico with real sugar, that is. My first taste of it was here in San Antonio; I could almost immediately tell the difference between it and American Coke bottled with the high-fructose corn syrup, and one day after drinking the Mexican Coke right after a bottle of the American Coke....yeah. Less carbonation, not overly sweet and next to NO aftertaste. It's pretty much your Platonic ideal of soda. I'd love to know who's doing Coca-Cola's "...consumer research (that) indicates that from a taste standpoint, the difference is imperceptible," because from what I've had of both of them, I'd have to say it's anything but. Let 'em compare it bottle vs. bottle rather than sip vs. sip and see how it comes out. I bet it'd be a different story then.