Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yeah, it is, but...

...alternately titled I Get Referrals, this time from Sterling Heights, Michigan: "is kimber a quality pistol yahoo answers".
Short answer? Yes, but so are 1911s from several other manufacturers. I have a thing for Springfields myself. From what I've seen as far as prices go, a Springfield will cost you a good $150-200 less than a comparable Kimber. And the Springfield has a lifetime warranty to boot. I know you shouldn't need something like that, but like the gun itself, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. And they definitely stand behind their weaponry, in my experience and others as well. I read a thread on the 1911 Forum a while back about a guy who damn near totaled his stainless GI when it fell out of his backpack as he was riding a motorcycle down a busy L.A. freeway -- he sent the gun back to Springfield and they fixed it for $150. Well, that's not entirely accurate -- they more or less restored the pistol to its pre-accident condition for that price. I read that, saw the pictures of the gun right after the accident and my jaw hit the floor. Huh, maybe that answer wasn't so short...
Kimber a quality pistol? Sure, but maybe a bit too pricey.