Friday, October 03, 2008

I think they call it "spin"...

...but as for me, I call it talking around the real issue (http://www.thebitchgirls.us/?p=9295):

I noted that if Petzal read any gun or political blogs in the course of the last week that he would have seen a much better job of covering these threats by the Obama campaign with original source material.

The Petzal in the quote was David Petzal of Field & Stream magazine, who seemed to be questioning the veracity of the claim that Barack Obama's lawyers were resorting to, shall we say, rather heavy-handed tactics to keep NRA ads off the air that were highlighting Obama's anti-gun record. I know there are certain gun bloggers out there who will go to quite some lengths to avoid offending any certain segment of gun owners out there, but it deserves to be asked: At what point do we start pointing fingers at people like David Petzal and calling them out as the traitors to the cause that they've so obviously proved themselves to be? As Tam pointed out, David Petzal's record speaks for itself. Given that record, I find it difficult, nay, impossible at this point to believe this was merely a case of Petzal missing the boat. I understand the necessity of not offending the hunters, but at some point that spade's gonna have to be called, um, a spade...