Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday Morning Political Musings: The Boss and the Sarahcuda

and why, again, should we care what he thinks?:

Bruce Springsteen called the Bush presidency "a disaster" and said many Americans have "justifiably lost faith" in the American dream.

Like one of the commenters there said, "Another political genius heard from. Right up there with Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn." Bruce Springsteen is and for a long time has been little more than a bitter old lefty crank with money and a microphone. The only reason this makes the news and he is given any credibility at all is because of his celebrity status. I know these cults of personality have lives and spawn all their own, but I really thought we as Americans were better than to let ourselves be led astray by or get caught up in them. Maybe we still are. I guess we'll just have to see come Election Day.
Meanwhile, how about this from Sarah Palin, at a rally yesterday in California:
There’s been a lot of interest in what I read lately. Well, I was reading my copy of today’s New York Times and I was really interested to read about Barack’s friends from Chicago.
Turns out, one of his earliest supporters is a man who, according to The New York Times was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, ‘launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol.’ These are the same guys who think patriotism is paying higher taxes.
This is not a man who sees America as you and I do - as the greatest force for good in the world. This is someone who sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country.

Ouch. You go, Sarahcuda. I know the VP candidate's role is traditionally one of "attack dog," but I sure as hell wasn't expecting them to go for the throat like that. Blows Barack Hussein Obama's puerile jokes about pigs and fish right out of the water, not to mention all that hopeychangey bullshit.