Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An empty gun ain't worth a plug nickel...

I see commentary here and there on some of the gun blogs I read that the next big thing in the anti-gun jihad is going to be ammunition. And I gotta admit, I don't understand it. How in the hell are the antis going to be able to get away with clamping down on ammunition? After all, a gun is arguably incomplete with ammunition, just about as useful as one that's disassembled as per the now-defunct Washington D.C. regulations; as a matter of fact, one could say that the draconian restrictions on the supply and/or types of ammunition the antis want is more or less tantamount to a requirement that the guns be left disassembled. Or, as an old friend of my stepdad's would say, "An unloaded gun ain't nothin' but an expensive club." I am hoping we really don't have anything to worry about on that front, although it's not something I would take for granted. It sucks to think something like that could get through Congress and we spend three-plus decades trying to undo that, too.