Sunday, January 13, 2008

Random Observations From The Road

...after 888.9 miles since 9:00 yesterday morning...
1. Nickelback's "Side Of A Bullet" sounds a lot like something Metallica would have done on its ...And Justice For All record. I like most of what I've heard off that Nickelback cd. I need to get off my lazy arse & go pick it up.
2. I could never make it as an over-the-road trucker. I love to drive, but I can only take so much at one whack. And don't even get me started on eating. I had IHOP after George last night and it was great, but I couldn't afford to eat so well every day. I stopped a few times for drinks & snacks, but there's only so much of that I could take, too.
3. Jeff Foxworthy is a hell of a lot better as a stand-up comedian than he is as a radio show host.
4. Kix Brooks...well, he ain't the world's greatest singer, but but he isn't any better as a radio show host than Jeff Foxworthy. (Ironically, my favorite Brooks & Dunn song -- "Mexican Minutes," an unreleased cut off 1993's Hard Workin' Man -- has Mr. Brooks singing lead on it. Go figure...) Oh, and...
5. George Strait has still got it. More on that later. ;-)