Friday, January 18, 2008

Ooooh, but I only wish...

More referrals, via the Sitemeter, this time from Austin... "george strait recorded there stands the glass".
He did? I would love for someone to point me to where I could find it. I would die a happy man! Ha...I think I've said it before, but I'll say again that I'd love to see George do one of those albums of nothing but the songs that influenced him. If it was recorded at a place like Gruene Hall that'd be even better. I don't think he'll ever go back to that, but a George Strait fan can dream, eh? Even a covers album recorded in the studio with his road band would be good, though. He's taken them into the studio for several album cuts over the years and they sound great. To name a few, the studio version of "Milk Cow Blues" was recorded with the Aces for the Chill of An Early Fall cd, as well as "Lovesick Blues" and "Home In San Antone," the old Bob Wills standard. Oooh, another idea...a Strait Western swing album, drooool....