Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hey, can I say THESE people aren't my countrymen?

It may well not be productive either, but when I see stories such as this it makes me ashamed to share breathing space with these spineless motherfuckers, much less a country (h/t Rachel Lucas):

As Micha Wyatt plans an inaugural bash at the Chicago Rib Shack in London, she is basking in the new warmth toward Americans overseas.
It's cool to be an American again, Wyatt said. "Finally! I'm tired of pretending I'm Canadian."

Cool to be an American. Bitch, if you're that fucking ashamed, fucking KEEP your sheep ass in Londonistan. You know, if people around the world want to judge my worth as an American on who I choose to be my president, they can just piss the fuck off because that's just gonna have to be their problem. God, but shit like this pisses me smooth off. They talked about dissent being patriotic the last eight years...these creatures wouldn't know patriotism if it hauled off and smacked them in the back of the head with a Louisville Slugger. Which, honestly, would be exactly what every one of them deserves. You wonder why I'd love for Texas to be its own country again? 'Cause, among other things, Texans don't give a gnat's fart in a windstorm about what people in such benighted places as Britain and Australia might think of them. Then again, if what Bum Phillips wrote is true, most of us ID ourselves as Texans primarily anyway. I'd say that being a Texan is just as much a state of mind as anything else, and that there are a lot of people worthy of being called Texans who never set foot in our fine state — and by the same token, some who are from here don't even come close to living up to the ideal — but at any rate it'd sure be nice if more of those who call themselves Americans didn't make their patriotism conditional on our foreign policy.
Oh, HELL YEAH! Now playing on Outlaw Country, Sirius Ch. 63: "...rob a little money from the cashier, to get me anywhere but here...I spent a little time in Nashville, in the back of a limousine...they kissed my ass and they shook my hand, turned their back on me..."