Monday, March 02, 2009

Oooh, my favorite Allman Brothers tune...

...at Outlaw Country, Sirius Ch. 63: "...I'm on my way to New Orleans this mornin', leavin' outta Nashville, Tennessee...we're always havin' a good time down on the bayou, Lord, them delta women think the world of meeee....Lord, I was born a ramblin' maaaan..."
The Allmans have always been one of my favorite classic rock bands, and I've always had a preference for the records that Dickey Betts sang lead on, although Gregg Allman's vocals were good too. I don't know how well a tune like "Whipping Post" would fit in on your typical classic country playlist, though I always thought "Ramblin' Man" fit right in on Houston's Country Legends 97.1. I am not exactly a purist when it comes to putting certain music in certain genres; as a matter of fact, I thought the Allman Brothers walked the line pretty well, but that can't really be said of any mainstream artists on the scene today.