Sunday, March 15, 2009

A nifty little Youtube find...

...or, Yeah, I admit it, I was screwing around on the Internet at work yesterday...
I'd always wanted to hear the original version of "Blitzkrieg," the other tune on the B-side of Metallica's "Creeping Death" single from 1984. A lot of times Youtube is good for this sort of thing. So off I went looking for it, and while I did not find it, I did find this.

Some clever soul took a bunch of movie clips and combat footage from World War II and made a video for the song. I haven't a clue where they got all that, and it's all so obvious you see it and wonder, "Now why didn't I think of that?" Really cool, though.
On another Metallica-related note, Sirius is running a limited-engagement all-Metallica channel, Mandatory Metallica on Ch. 27, to commemorate the band's upcoming induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I have most of the stuff they're playing on it, but it's still worth listening to. I do think they could have just completely omitted the material from the Load records and the channel would have been none the worse though. I didn't care for either one of those. AT ALL.
Heyyyyy, good stuff now: "SLAVES! Hebrews born to serve, to the pharaoh...HEED! To his every word, live in fear....FAITH! Of the unknown one, the deliverer...WAIT! Something must be done, four hundred years...So let it be written, so let it be done..."