Monday, November 08, 2010

Who said this?

Right here:

"You read it on message boards, you see what people say or if I'm looking at a guitar website: 'Old country music! Whatever happened to old country music?' Well, it became old country music. And I love it. I love everything about it. I love the day and time of Johnny Cash and Buck Owens on the radio. I love it. But they aren't with us. We have what we have now, and I'm very proud of these people."
Tim McGraw? A member of Rascal Flatts? No. Avowed traditionalist Brad Paisley said this. And of course he has a right to his opinion, but if -- as CMW said -- this is Paisley "balancing traditionalism with relevance," then it sounds to me as if he's saying traditional country isn't all that relevant anymore. Which makes one wonder why he fancies himself as one....