Monday, January 04, 2010

What a fun, beautiful week it was...

...but I certainly am missing her this morning...

As you already know if you read Sabra, she and I had a wonderful time when she was here last week. They say there is someone for everyone, and as convinced as I was that she is the one for me, I am even more convinced of it as I sit here this morning. She reassures me when I need it, and she puts my mind completely at ease when my irrational fears (irrational to me, at least) get the best of me. You longtime readers might remember about this time last year I was just into a new relationship (with the one she and I like to call Kitty-Eater -- see this post for why), and it was good. But I can't say for sure, looking back on it, that I was anywhere near certain that relationship would ever get to be anything like what Sabra and I have. Looking back on it perhaps I should have known that it wouldn't ever get there because of all the things I can talk about with Sabra that would have gone way over her head. It seems the connection with Kitty-Eater was little more than physical, and I found out the hard way that the physical connection all by itself will not by any means sustain a long-term relationship, especially when the other party has as-yet-unresolved emotional issues that lead them to sabotage the relationship. (I don't know to what extent Sabra was feeling it, but I was experiencing some sweet, sweet schadenfreude when I got a couple texts from Kitty-Eater on New Year's Eve wishing me a happy new year and telling me that I was the best thing that happened to her in 2009.) Sabra told me she thought it was funny that I would say "blogging will be sporadic" when Kitty-Eater would come over and the next morning I'd be back at it. I thought it was funny as well, especially considering when Sabra was here, as you saw, blogging really DID slow down. ;-)

Yep, as good as I thought 2009 started out, 2010 is already light-years ahead of it...