Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"...I get up, at seven, yay, and I go to work at nine..."

Yep, I bet you classic rock fans out there know that line!
I never was a really big fan of Rush, heretical as that may be to some. They did (and do) have good chops and wrote some great songs, but Geddy Lee's vocals were just annoying as hell to me. (As far as prog-rock goes, I always preferred Yes.) But even with those lead vocals, "Working Man," from the band's self-titled 1974 debut album, was just a hell of a song, with Lee's bass and Alex Lifeson's electric guitar line. The electric guitar intro always makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Pretty funny that I heard it going TO work yesterday, and coming home FROM work tonight. ;-)



"Yeah, they call me the workin' man, I guess that's what I am..."