Sunday, January 25, 2009

"...Well, our golden jet is airborne, Flight 50 cuts a path across the morning sky..."

Oh, yes, SIR! Now playing on Rowdy Yates' Country Gold show: Willie Nelson, "Bloody Mary Morning," from 1978's Willie And Family Live. Believe it or not, the very first time I heard this song was on this very show 9 or 10 years ago, looong before the syndication days, back when they called it Solid Gold Sunday and it was just a local show on Houston's KILT. Wow, the memories that brings back. I heard so much good stuff there I'd never heard before I left Northeast Texas. I was telling my girlfriend yesterday, that move to Bryan-College Station probably ruined my music tastes in the opinion of some folks. That came after she got this look on her face as I was singing along with Merle Haggard's "Cherokee Maiden" playing on (I think) the Outlaw Country channel on Sirius. Not a good look, because she didn't like it AT ALL, but as far as I can tell that's really the only thing she and I don't share is the same tastes in music. But that's ok, because she does make me very happy. I see me with her for a very, very long time...perhaps even until I take my last breaths in this life. Only time will tell there, but it's looking so very good.