Saturday, January 17, 2009

Random musings...

part whatever...
I know I've talked of this before, but the harmonies of George Jones and Melba Montgomery are just out-of-this-world. It's like the audio equivalent of a shot of your favorite whiskey. I see they recorded several collections together, most of which haven't been released on cd. Which really sucks, 'cause I'd almost KILL to have them...well, not really, but they still sound damn good. ;-) Speaking of good harmonies, I caught some more of them driving home from work last night, when this gem came on. I caught those opening notes, and just blurted out, "Oh my God, I haven't heard this song in YEARS!" Which, literally, was true. As far as I remember, the last time I heard "Trouble's Back In Town" was on 98.3 KORA when I was living in Bryan-College Station about 9 years ago. Good, good stuff. I tell you what, I haven't even had Sirius for a week yet and already I've gotten my money's worth out of it. I was telling a guy I work with last night, "It's the best $12.50 a month you'll EVER spend."
Now playing at Willie's Place, Sirius Ch. 64: Merle Haggard, "Ramblin' Fever," another GREAT song from 1977. If I had to pick one favorite song from the Hag, I think that'd be it...