Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More random music musings

I just heard one of my old favorites from Willie Nelson, one of those old numbers he recorded before his big breakout in '75:

I gotta go now, I guess I'll see you around
Don't know when though, never know when I'll be back in town
But remember what I tell you, in time you're gonna pay
And it's surprising how time slips away

I remember hearing that song and thinking, what the hell, is he gonna come back one day and kill her? Whatever the case, that record always made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.
HEYYYY! Now playing: the original version of "The Ballad of the Alamo," by Marty Robbins! The only version of this song I'd ever heard was from Texas singer Brian Burns, from his cd The Eagle And The Snake: Songs of the Texians. This one's really good too though. As many songs as Marty sang about Texas, I'd never have guessed he was from Arizona...