Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Yep, I survived Edouard...

Wow, what a day. I woke up at 5:30 this morning to howling winds and the beeping of my surge protector battery backup, which meant the power was out. I got up and turned it off...and went right back to dreamland for almost another 3 1/2 hours. I got up and called my boss, and he told me to come on in, though there's usually not much for me to do in the mornings. I didn't really get to do any substantive work till after 2; let's just say that things at my place of employment aren't nearly as decentralized as they need to be. But I had help, and busted my ass the last 2 1/2 hours, got done on time (and under budget! LOL) and things are right back to where they were 24 hours ago. Tropical storms blow, indeed, but just like the last time we had an event like this, it was little more than an inconvenience...