Thursday, September 13, 2007

Still In One Piece...

...and as it is, the only casualty around here is the power. So I can't stay long, but I am doing fine. With luck I'll be back up and running by tonight or tomorrow....
UPDATE, 7:55 p.m.: Power's back on, everything's just as it was last night when I went to bed, and I am pretty sure the same can be said for many other Southeast Texas residents. Humberto was but a glancing blow compared to Rita, a mild inconvenience -- I had to go to work with the five o' clock shadow because I couldn't run my electric razor -- and for that I am thankful. I did wake up about 3:30 this morning by the sounds of howling winds and my surge protector beeping, indicating the power was out, and I jumped on the Web, where I found out Humberto was a Cat 1 hurricane. Scary stuff indeed, but I am sure it could have been worse. Let's hope this is the worst we get this season, and for a while.