Wednesday, March 05, 2008

McCain Musings

I must admit I found this quote from John McCain in this morning's Houston Chronicle rather ironic:
"The American people's patience is at a end for politicians who value ambition over principle..."
Quite empty words indeed, coming from a man who has sold the principles out repeatedly of the people who he proclaims to be his ideological compatriots for the sake of a false "bipartisanship." Which is why I find Caleb's admonition to "Get on the McCain train kids, because it’s our only ride away from HillBama Town" to be rather disheartening. I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one, because considering how many times McCain has sold out the conservative and libertarian wings of the Republican Party, I fully believe he will have no compunction about doing it yet again. And I'd put money on it, whether it be in the form of a Supreme Court judge nomination after consultation with the likes of Charles Schumer and Dianne Feinstein, or a renewed Assault Weapons Ban with no grandfathering and no 10-year sunset clause. I suppose I might have a change of heart between now and election day, but if the election were held tomorrow Fred Thompson would still be getting my vote, protests about "throwing away your vote" be damned.