Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Get Referrals

Via the Site Meter, this one from Lubbock, Texas Tech Red Raider country, torrent +"songs we wish we'd written" .
Dude, I know what you want, and now that I think about it, it kinda pisses me off. You want the music but you don't want to pay for it. I mean, it's bad enough when people go looking to rip off music from big-name artists, but I figured down here in Texas the audiences of singers like Pat Green and Cory Morrow would at least be loyal enough to support them with their money. I know they make more from the live shows than the record sales, and for all I know some of the Texas artists might not even mind their music being downloaded for free, but still it just rubs me the wrong way. And I don't mean to imply at all that it's less okay to go looking for free music from someone like George Strait, but it just amazes me that someone would go looking to get something free from the likes of a Texas artist with a much smaller audience, who doesn't have the backing of a major label and/or country radio. You wanna download the music? Fraggin' go to iTunes and pay for it. It's about a buck for a song. If you can't afford that, well, maybe you should cut back on the pizza and Shiner Bock? Just a thought...