Thursday, August 26, 2010

If she only had a brain...

...or, Kathleen Parker shows her ignorance once again, as she harps on divisions that have been in the American body politic going back to colonial times. One wonders if in her next column she'll bitch about the fact that the sun rises in the east. If Parker had half a brain and knew how to use it she'd have mentioned the fact that Martin Luther King Jr.'s niece will be speaking at the Glenn Beck rally and eschewing a competing rally by professional race-baiter Al Sharpton because she claims Sharpton is just stirring up hate and resentment. She also could have pointed out that no one race has an exclusive claim on MLK's legacy. I guess slamming Sarah Palin was a higher priority. Perhaps I shouldn't have expected better from her, but still I do. Damn me and my standards.