Friday, August 13, 2010

I haz stabby things too!

This is my knife. There are many like it but this one is mine:



Gerber EVO. Specs from the Bass Pro Shops website:
Titanium nitride-coated 440 stainless steel blade; featherweight anodized aluminum cut-out handle; pocket clip; 3.5" blade, 8" overall length. My lovely wife bought me this knife for Christmas, and I carry it with me wherever I go. It's come in handy quite a few times; I could have used it to cut open the package in which it came. ;-)

And then there's this one:


This is a Gerber Diesel Multi-Plier. As you see, it comes with a host of different tools, including
needlenose pliers, wire cutter, wire crimper, partially serrrated knife blade, cross point screwdriver, small, medium and large flat blade screwdrivers, can opener, bottle opener, file, saw and scissors (as per the Gerber site). This one usually stays around the house, as it's a mite large to carry in my pocket. My EVO fulfills my cutting needs as I'm out and about some 99 percent of the time, though.

Those are all the stabby things I have right now, but I do hope to get more in the future. I told Sabra that knives make good gifts for any occasion. No doubt most of the guys reading this would agree. ;-)