Monday, August 02, 2010

"I'm in love with somebody, oh, yeah, and it's not you."

...or, Things I'd like to say to the ex-girlfriend (previously mentioned here, here, and peripherally here) who tried to friend me on Facebook AGAIN...

"Woman, take a damn hint. I defriended you on Facebook after we broke up for a REASON. I'm not so mad at you anymore; what's done is done. But I still don't want anything to do with you, even if I DID move 300 miles away. You were the one who effectively broke up with me. (I'm glad you did too, because your doing that freed me to find a woman who's orders of magnitude better than you could ever be, in every way. I thank God damn near every day that I didn't end up marrying you, because it would have meant being condemned to a lifetime of -- among other things -- bad sex, worse music and (speaking of which) 'You need to turn that to something we both like.' You sure as hell didn't have any problem subjecting me to that hip-hop shit. I don't know why you couldn't deal with it when I was playing the heavy metal.) I thought I made it pretty clear that I didn't want to stay friends. And you know I had damn good reasons for that too, with you taking, taking and taking from me and never giving anything back (literally AND figuratively). I'm glad for you that you finally figured out what you really wanted out of life, but leave me the hell out of it already."