Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How about some vintage Queensryche?

Since I don't have anything else for today...

I was listening to Rage for Order, Queensryche's second full-length album from 1986, last night at work. EMI/Capitol Records remastered & reissued all the band's albums in the early part of the last decade, and on those remasters were included various bonus tracks -- live cuts, alternate recordings, and such. One of RFO's bonus tracks was this killer live version of the album's lead-off track, "Walk In The Shadows," recorded on the Building Empires tour in 1991. I don't know about now, but I know frontman Geoff Tate had an absolutely phenomenal voice back in the day, and this recording has him demonstrating that. God, but I would love to have been old enough to see them back then.

Albatross! I know you're into that old hard rock & metal. Thoughts?