Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Random gun stuff

Reader and fellow blogger Ted, in comments here...

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, it to find yourself in possession of ZERO rounds of 7.62x51 NATO Ball.

Bring it on, buddy. And the next mission too, which will be to replenish the ammo supply. As they say, an unloaded gun ain't nothin' but an expensive club. ;-)

Shooter, in the same post:
Enjoy the hell outta that rifle. I take pleasure in thinking that maybe I put the bug in your head about it in the first place.

You kinda did. I thought about getting something in .223, but I wanted something a bit more versatile. I'd heard great things about the HK91 but the prices on one deemed it completely out of the question, no doubt due to the 1989 import ban (thank you George H.W. Bush, you motherfucker). When I read up on the PTR-91 and checked it out more it looked to be quite an attractive option. Just for grins, do you reload for it? I've heard that if you get a port buffer for it, that salvages the brass leaving it in decent shape for reloading. I got that milsurp 7.62 for a pretty good price, but I know there's only so much of that.