Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Quick Shout-Out

Leslie T. Travis, if you're reading this, I'd just like to say thanks for stopping by, as well as for putting me on your blogroll. I've been listening to KILT on and off since 1998, continuously since late 2001. What you've been doing with the Texas music on the station Sunday nights is great and I am glad to see you've been given that opportunity by the folks at CBS Radio in Houston. I will say, though, that it would be great if y'all could get more of it into regular rotation like they have on KYKS in Lufkin, and, to a lesser extent, KAYD here in the Golden Triangle. I also listened to KIKK before it finally went under and I hated to see it die. The Young Country days sucked, but in its last couple of years with the Texas and alt-country it was sounding great. I don't know why that format couldn't have succeeded under different circumstances. YMMV, and excuse the phrase, but CBS really screwed the pooch with KIKK in its last few years of existence and I think that dreadful mismanagement of the station to an extent tainted the great things it was doing in the last year or so that it was on the air. That's not necessarily an indictment of the Texas/alt-country scene so much as it is the station itself. But again, thanks for everything, and for keeping me sane and entertained on my Sunday nights at work.
:-)