Saturday, November 10, 2007

Lord, but what a GREAT song...

Now playing here: George Jones, "A Good Year For the Roses," 1976.
"I can hardly bear the sight of lipstick, on the cigarettes there in the ashtray lyin' cold the way you left them, at least your lips caressed them while you packed...And a lip print on a half-filled cup of coffee, that you poured and didn't drink, but at least you thought you wanted it, that's so much more than I can say for me..."

...that last line just kills me...

8:03 p.m.: Mac Davis, "It's Hard To Be Humble," from 1980. This one always cracked me up! "Some folks say that I'm eeeegotistical, hell, I don't even know what that means....I guess it has something to do with the way that I fill out my skintight blue jeans...."

8:26 p.m: Cal Smith, "Country Bumpkin," 1974. I didn't like this song when I first heard it, but now it's one of my all-time favorites...

8:43 p.m.: Awww, YEAH! "...I could be holdin' you tonight....could quit doin' wrong, start doin' right...but you don't care 'bout what I thaink....I think I'll just stay here and draiiiink...." Come ooon, you know who that is! And if you don't, shame on you!

12:10 a.m. : Steve Wariner, "Some Fools Never Learn," 1985. My favorite song of all-time, from any artist, or any genre of music. I was only 7 years old when that song came out, but 've always, always loved it.