Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A New Adventure

Seems like a truckload of good stories begin with, "So I was bored one day..." Well, this isn't one of those. ;-)
But really, I was bored this weekend, and hungry. Didn't have any cash on me and I didn't feel like driving to the ATM to get cash for the drive-thru at Taco Bell, Wendy's or wherever. As it turned out, though, I stumbled up on a new (for me) blog some time ago, Mostly Cajun, penned by an ole boy who lives not too far from me, incidentally. He likes to post recipes now and then. I'm sure you see where this is going...
I am not much of a cook. When I get something that's home-cooked a lot of times it's over at my folks' house. But I stumbled up on one of those recipes that I thought looked pretty good, and easy to boot, the Soup of Multiple Legumes, as he calls it. Beans, onions, & seasonings -- garlic, salt, and red & black pepper. For the meat I used a pack of Zummo's Party Time smoked sausage, which is made right here in the Golden Triangle. As for the beans, for me it was 15 different ones. Couldn't tell you what those 15 were for the life of me, but the finished product was damned good, and cheap to boot! Could have used a bit more seasoning, but too little is better than too much, 'cause you can always put more in, of course. Can't take it out once it's in there. Lol, but I do highly recommend it if you're looking for something cheap and easy.