Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm not surprised...

....that the intellectual George Will would say something like this, but it still teed me off....

There are more than 6,600 licensed American gun dealers on the 2,000-mile border with Mexico. They should obey the law...
The vast majority of them do, you ignorant prick...
UPDATE: Courtesy of Mike W. in comments, we have this, from David Hardy from Of Arms and the Law (DH is in my bookmarks; I'd have caught it myself if I'd had time to make the blog-run this morning, thanks Mike):
This is a strange case. The Arizona Attorney General (not ATF) brought State charges against a Phoenix-area gun dealer, claiming he'd supplied over 700 guns to Mexican drug cartels.
And the AG loses on a directed verdict -- meaning the judge finds that the evidence is nonexistent: no rational juror could find for the prosecution.

Wow. Does anyone think George Will will write a follow-up column apologizing for making an example of X-Caliber and acknowledging he made an ass of himself? Yeah, I didn't think so either.